Monday, January 21, 2013

A Snowy Day--Perfect for Afghan Pictures!

We awoke this morning to a beautiful sight--light, powdery snow covering everything in a delightful puffy coat!  

I think that winter is finally here: the weather is calling for snow and temps not higher than 25 degrees for the next week.  I love it!  

The snow is still falling and adding to the three or four inches we have already :-)  


Over at the "farm," the animals are glad for the respite from the vicious wind that has been blowing the past several days--it's still breezy today but not the 25 mph plus that we've had.


So what's a better occupation for a cold winter day than cozying up with your favorite hot drink (hot chocolate with Mackinac Island Fudge ice cream anyone?) and looking at pictures of a cozy afghan?

This an afghan pattern that Mom has made a couple of times for a special friend or two over the last few years.  We're finally getting the pictures up of one of the completed blankets :-)

 The pattern is called "The Tree of Life"
 Below each tree panel is a 'flower garden':

 This shows the blanket before the edge was attached:
 With the edge sewn on:
 And the edge its' self!  It is a very pretty bit of work on it's own and might work well for a lot of things.  (or so Mom tells me....I haven't made it past the straight knitting part, let alone pearling, so don't know much about the subject :)


So until next time we pray that your wood pile will be well filled, your hot cocoa close to hand and a nice afghan never too far out of reach!

Matthew

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matthew,

Sure wish we had some snow like ya'll :). Pictures just don't do your Mom's afghan justice. I'm glad you posted these pictures. I've told my grandmother all about it. I'm excited that I will be able to show it to her. Hope you and your family are doing well! Please give your Mom a hug for me!

Blessings,
Elizabeth