Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring's Slow Spread

The wonderful thing about the seasons is that they follow each other so faithfully. Each has its allotted time, and when it passes the next phase of nature begins to blend into the last.

So it is with this spring. The snow is beginning to melt and the driveway is finally down to the lime chips. Bird song fills the air and we've seen red wing black birds at the bird feeders. We've even caught a glimpse of this fine fellow:He eluded me yesterday, but I this morning I managed to nab his photo. (Hint: It's a Robin one of those rare birds that herald the coming of spring!)

Sometime soon I hope to relate more, but for now I've got to get back to the grindstone...

Matthew

1 comments:

Jonathan said...

I'd hate to live anywhere that didn't have all four seasons. You just wouldn't appreciate each one without the variety!

Our snow is melting too, and we're hoping to get our driveway gravelled soon. We haven't gravelled it since we moved here and it becomes nearly impassable in the springtime. Makes for an exciting challenge at times. . .