Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wendsday

There's nothing to do...nothing at all...so I guess I'll blog.

I've been sick for about 5 days. I've had my fill of TV, books on tape, and blankly staring at my computer monitor. With sleeping, that's about all I've been doing of late. Oddly, I haven't even been hungry enough to eat much. But I'm finally feeling better.

Mom has a new piano student that started today, so she had me clean the family room. Since it is clean (mostly, and won't be for long) I thought I'd show y'all a picture (don't expect images of the rest of the house any time soon :-)...)

The fully open window points north.

The other big news is that there was a fire in the hoop coop last night.
Fortunately, mom was going to water the chickens when she discovered the hoop coop full of smoke, and the sawdust on top of the brooder was smoldering. Since she had a pitcher full of water in her hand, she threw it on top of the brooder. All the chickens seem fine. God's providence.


Apparently, the heat lamp bulb was touching the plywood on the top, and started the fire.

Everything has been greening up around here:And with the temperatures around 70, it definitely feels like spring.

Matthew has been working over at the Williams this week, who have 500 ewes lambing, and been gone from early morning until late night. Baxter misses him dreadfully, and hardly settles down long enough to pick at his sore (from the neighbor dog, but long story). He doesn't even know about the fire yet.

That's about all I can think of to write about, without getting into stuff like politics (ZZZzzz...).

To all, a good night.

Jonathan.

0 comments: