Friday, March 14, 2008

Biscuits

This evening, for supper, we had a delightful meal. Mom made a ham and meat(I'm not sure what else she put in it) noddle dish with frozen carrots from Gordon's, and biscuits. Mom's biscuits are some of the best in the country. Light and fluffy, these delectable treats are slightly powdery and soak up butter beautifully. Add some homemade strawberry jam, and you have one of the best combinations I've ever tasted. Anyway, they are really, really good.

Before I got up, during mom's tutoring, Matthew got quite sick, with pain at 12 on a scale of 10. This mysterious ailment also came with intense bouts of vomiting. Eventually, he got to sleep for a couple of hours, and when he awoke, the pain was about a 1 or a 2. By three or four, he was out playing with the dog. Many people were praying for him, and that seems to be the only explanation for his miraculous recovery. Praise the Lord!

Here's a link to a better picture(actually a pdf) of Matthew's garden layout.

Tomorrow is state S&E, so hopefully that will go well. At least things will slow down once it's over. Pray for the piano, that it won't be too stiff(Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata doesn't take them well, having 2 measures MF, and the rest quieter). Also petition that the computer would follow me well during my trumpet solo.

I'm also slated to perform something at our tri-church Good Friday service, but that will be relaxing after the Moonlight Sonata. I plan to play my Funeral Medley, which will be quite good for a Good Friday service.

Mom's (she's directing it) church choir is also preparing a piece for Easter Sunday, and Dad and Matthew are singing. I don't do much in the way of singing, mostly because I'm usually already in over my head back at the sound booth. So, with God's help (not to be critical, but although the group doesn't lack enthusiasm, some of them need help :-)...) they will do good.

I guess that's all for now,

Jonathan

0 comments: